Our Company, being a part of the largest global health network in the world, has access to global experience of over 70 years and awareness on how to serve our members in Saudi Arabia with the most appropriate and innovative health-care solutions.
As a leading healthcare insurance company in the Kingdom serving millions of people, we work each day with the motive of not only providing our members with access to a range of healthcare services but also facilitating their comfort, safety and satisfaction. Our healthcare solutions and services are forward-looking and we facilitate continuous care with automated and digitized systems and processes, delivering a seamless customer experience.
The intangible aspects of a business, such as brand identity, product enhancements, and research and development, make up its intellectual capital. In the context of Bupa Arabia, the advancements made to the Company’s intellectual capital over the course of the year were significantly influenced by efforts to revitalize the brand and enhance its digital capabilities. Additionally, the Company uses cutting-edge analytics to collect customer feedback in order to improve products and processes.
Our Brand Proposition
We have developed and implemented a brand proposition that focuses on our key differentiated services and leverages our digital capabilities as a competitive edge throughout the year. Our digital solutions – Bupa Click, Bupa Tebtom, Bupa Live Right, Bupa Rahatkom and Global Expertise – cater to diverse customer segments that require speedy and digital services, and enables members to receive the ongoing care they require through a variety of touchpoints.
We were successful in completing a number of digital campaigns and events throughout 2022 to direct the brand, which enabled us to communicate key messages such as:
- Bupa Arabia’s digital experience being at the forefront of the sector
- Our enhanced social media platform
- Bupa Arabia’s role as a reliable healthcare specialist
- Our international experience
- Our focus on digital sales
Using a variety of communication and targeting strategies, Bupa Arabia completed a number of campaigns during the year that were strategically planned for a kingdom-wide takeover.
- Why Bupa
A multi-pronged campaign was launched to promote the new Why Bupa proposition. The Company carried out an aspirational internal campaign, an outdoor advertising campaign across the Kingdom, a sales roadshow and video advertising.
The experience campaign launch consists of three phases, namely Maternity, Chronic and Vaccination. This includes online advertising and outdoor advertising across the Kingdom.
- Real Madrid Sponsorship
Bupa Arabia was able to achieve a milestone of 1.5 million engagements with the help of the Real Madrid marketing and communication campaign, that included television, outdoor billboards, internal communication, social media and publicity in health lounges and on health kits.
- Bupa App Awareness Roadshows
We organized major regional roadshows with more than eight in-person and six refresher sessions, 150 sales staff members, in all major cities across the Kingdom including Jeddah, Riyadh and Khobar. Moreover, we conducted service awareness programs both virtually and on the ground with digital health booths installed at clients’ premises.
- Bupa Live Right Activities
Multiple Live Right activities, such as mental well-being camps, health lounges, prevention, fitness and weight loss programs, were completed. We held four major events in 3 major cities, and communicated through emails, social media, SMS and WhatsApp, and flyers, with PR coverage across 8 outlets. Moreover, we increased the number of health lounges by 78% in 2022 compared to the previous year, and achieved a satisfaction rate of 98% across the Kingdom.
The creation of powerful platforms that use the latest technologies to shift members and employees from traditional channels and methods to digital solutions is one of the responsibilities of digital transformation. Our digital transformation strategy for the year 2022 was built on 4 main pillars that focused on providing the best customer experience for our members and employees, efficiency and automation to optimize processes on existing new platforms through automation and digital solutions, offering a seamless and automated provider management platform through integration, and the use of big data and analytics that enables the business to gain insights through analytics and artificial intelligence.
Digital Initiatives in 2022
Bupa Arabia revamped its newly launched career website, adding new features, including simple steps and a seamless journey that reflects the branding and look of our website. Having automated the digital sales journey of our Company (‘Medical Declaration’ and “Know Your Customer” – also known as MD and KYC respectively), we were successful in increasing efficiency and customer satisfaction, and accomplished major growth in digital sales during the year. In addition, we have automated our SME Broker Portal process in order to increase its efficiency.
Our Accomplishments in 2022
- Launched three new products through the mobile app, offering an end-to-end shopping experience
- Expanded robotic process automation (RPA) to include more processes
- Automated the Digital Sales Process (MD and KYC)
- Expanded our “Salma” chatbot (for customer service and the Tebtom program)
- Launched Group Secretary (GS) on the app (after-sales platform)
- Launched the GS Chatbot
- Introduced Wathiq and Absher integration in the app
- Automated the SME Broker Portal
- Mobile app
The initiatives implemented under the mobile app project include the Digital Health Platform and the release of health records, virtual consultations and to conduct end-to-end telemedicine services with high-quality doctors, as well as receive prescriptions, lab results and upload medical documents in the EHR. This has played a vital role in enhancing the customer experience and efficiency, where we reached 2.5 million app downloads, achieved an NPS of 79 and an app rating of 4.4.
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
We have implemented RPA in numerous crucial processes to increase productivity. During the year, we launched over 74 bots that managed more than 25 million transactions.
- Pharmaceutical Benefits Management (PBM)
With the expansion of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Management (PBM) system, we enabled patients to achieve better health results through greater access to appropriate medications and reduce drug spending within prescriptions. During 2022, we reached over 1,000 live providers with 1.5 million transactions year-to-date.
Bupa Arabia is proud to announce its significant achievements in cybersecurity, risk management, and regulatory compliance for the year 2022. The Company has made significant investments in cybersecurity and risk management and has implemented comprehensive programs to ensure the protection of our customers' sensitive information.
- Upgraded the Security Operations Center (SOC) to enhance real-time monitoring and analysis and address security incidents faster.
- Completed a comprehensive security audit which confirmed that Bupa Arabia has implemented the best practices in information security.
- Implemented a real-time threat intelligence program which enables the Company to take effective measures and always stay up-to-date.
- Completed all the requirements recommended to achieve the ISO 27001:2013 certificate; the globally recognized standard for information security management.
- Secured Tier 2 uptime design certificate for the Data Center, enhancing the availability of cybersecurity for customers
Bupa Arabia has also invested in developing a comprehensive security awareness program, designed to educate employees and customers about the importance of information security and to promote safe and secure information practices.
The Company has implemented a comprehensive risk management program that includes regular risk assessments and the development of mitigation strategies to address identified risks. One of the key components of the program is the Business Continuity Management (BCM) program, which ensures that the Company can continue to provide its customers with critical services even in the event of a disaster or other disruptive event.
Bupa Arabia is also fully committed to compliance with local regulations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, by the SAMA Cybersecurity Framework, the National Cybersecurity Authority (NCA), and the Council of Cooperative Health Insurance (CCHI).
Industry Recognitions for Bupa
With 25 years of experience, Bupa Arabia strives to continually create a one-of-a-kind customer experience and fulfil the promises made by our brand.
The following awards serve as evidence that we are moving forward in the right direction and we would like to express our sincere gratitude to the Bupa Arabia family for their tireless efforts in achieving our objectives.
- Best Insurance Brand (InsureTek Golden Shield Excellence Awards 2022)
- Most Valuable Insurance Brand and ranked 10th among the Strongest Saudi Brands (Brand Finance 2022 ranking)
- Top 10 Most Valuable Saudi Brands 2022 (Kantar BrandZ)
General Insurance Awards
- Best Healthcare Insurance Innovation (InsureTek Golden Shield Excellence Awards 2022)
- 3G Social Innovation Award 2022 and 3G Commitment to Corporate Governance Award (Global Good Governance Awards 2022 – also known as the 3G Awards)
- Customer Experience Transformation award (Celent Model Insurer 2022)
- Ranked 79th among the Middle East’s Top 100 Listed Companies in 2022 (Forbes)
In addition to the above:
- We participated in the 6th edition of the Saudi Insurance Symposium
- Bupa Arabia won “Best Customer Service Award” in the health insurance companies track and was a winner in the “Insurance Transactions Award” category for transactions on the NPHIES platform in 2022 (CHI Excellence Awards)
- Our CEO won the “CEO of the Year Award” for health insurance companies (CHI Excellence Awards)
- Bupa Arabia was a Platinum Sponsor of the HR Tech Saudi Summit 2022.